The Great Singapore Sale is on! But standing out from the clutter of retail and commercial advertisements is the one sale that you’ve been waiting for.
A total of 8,000 flats are being offered in HDB’s May 2013 Build-To-Order (BTO) and Sale of Balance Flats (SBF) exercises.
They comprise 4,900 flats from eight BTO projects and 3,100 SBF flats.
Eight To Pick
The eight BTO projects are located in five non-mature towns: EastBank @ Canberra, EastBrook @ Canberra and EastWave @ Canberra in Sembawang; Golden Mint and Hougang Crimson in Hougang; Keat Hong Crest in Choa Chu Kang; Spring Haven @ Jurong in Jurong West, and Woodlands Pasture I & II in Woodlands.
Choa Chu Kang
Looking for a flat in Choa Chu Kang? Keat Hong Crest, located along Choa Chu Kang Avenue 1, might just be the one for you. Residents with young children and elderly parents will be happy to find an education centre and a senior care centre provided within the development. With the wide range of shops and eating outlets in the vicinity and the nearby Keat Hong Shopping Centre, shopping for daily necessities is easy. Spending family time outdoors is also convenient with the Choa Chu Kang Park Connector close by.
Of the two projects offered in Hougang, one is for the elderly.
The Golden Mint Studio Apartments (SAs) are located along Buangkok Green, near Hougang Green Shopping Mall. Seniors can look forward to spending time at the senior activity centre which will be provided. And with the Buangkok MRT Station just a short bus ride away, moving around is made that much easier for those wanting to venture further afield.
Hougang Crimson, located along Hougang Avenue 9, will be built along with an eating house and shops, making it super convenient for residents to shop for their daily needs and buy ready cooked meals. Those looking to shop for more can head on to the Hougang 1 Shopping Mall nearby.
Spring Haven @ Jurong, situated along Jurong West Street 42, is conveniently located within easy reach of many facilities. Looking for a wide range of food choices, goods and services? All these can be found at the nearby HDB Neighbourhood Centres such as Hong Kah Point, Hong Kah Ville and Boon Lay Shopping Centre. For leisure, residents can jog along the Jurong Park Connector and around Jurong Lake. Schools are readily found around the estate, and transport links serving the town include bus services, Lakeside MRT Station and the Pan-Island Expressway (PIE).
Those looking for a home in Sembawang Town have three standard projects, located near Sungei Simpang Kiri and Sembawang Road, to choose from.
EastBank @ Canberra and EastWave @ Canberra will be home to 4- and 5-room flat owners, while the EastBrook @ Canberra, comprises 2-, 3-, and 4- room flats, with two rental blocks as well. Residents in all these projects will be well served with shopping and dining options available at Sun Plaza, Sembawang Shopping Centre and Sembawang Mart.
Additionally, a supermarket, eating house, shops, childcare centre and a Residents’ Committee (RC) Centre will be provided in EastBrook @ Canberra and EastWave @ Canberra. EastBrook @ Canberra will also have restaurants and an education centre.
And to those looking for a flat in the North, there is the Woodlands Pasture I & II, located along Woodlands Crescent. A block housing rental flats will be available as well. Residents in this development will be delighted to find it so well-equipped, with a supermarket, an eating house, restaurants, shops, a childcare centre and even an RC centre provided. For a relaxing day out, residents could make a trip down to Greenwood Sanctuary @ Admiralty and Circle Green to enjoy the outdoor greenery.
Need A Flat Sooner?
Those who need a flat more urgently could consider getting an SBF flat instead. There’s a wide range of flat types available, from SAs, to 2-, 3-, 4-, 5- room and also Executive flats. Talk about being spoilt for choice! Check out the e-Sales page for more details on the flats available for purchase.
The SBF flats are spread over 20 different locations across the island: Bukit Batok, Bukit Panjang, Choa Chu Kang, Hougang, Jurong East, Jurong West, Punggol, Sembawang, Sengkang, Woodlands, Yishun, Ang Mo Kio. Bedok, Bishan, Bukit Merah, Bukit Timah, Central, Clementi, Geylang, Kallang Whampoa, Marine Parade, Pasir Ris, Queenstown, Serangoon, Tampines & Toa Payoh.
More Good Offers
Several new housing measures announced during the 2013 Committee of Supply debate to help first-timers, second-timers, divorcees, and the elderly, will also take effect from the May 2013 sales exercises. Details can be found here. Below is a sampling:
– The Parenthood Priority Scheme (PPS) has now been extended to first-timer married couples expecting a child.
– The quota for 2-room and 3-room BTO flats in non-mature estates has been doubled to 30% for second-timers. From this 30%, 5% will be set aside for second-timers who are divorced/widowed, with children below 16 years old under the Assistance Scheme for Second-Timers (Divorced/Widowed Parents) (ASSIST).
– There is more reassurance for elderly residents who wish to right-size and live near their current home or their married children’s home. Under the Studio Apartment Priority Scheme (SAPS), 50% of the SA supply in BTO and SBF exercises is reserved for them.
– 95% of SBF flats (excluding SAs) are set aside for first-timers, and half of this quota will be reserved for eligible applicants under the PPS.
– Under the Multi-Generation Priority Scheme (MGPS), married couples wanting to jointly apply for a flat in the same BTO project with their parents can do so for the EastBrook @ Canberra and Spring Haven @ Jurong projects.
– If you’re an eligible first-timer household, you can enjoy up to $60,000 worth of housing grants, comprising the Additional CPF Housing Grant ($40,000) and Special CPF Housing Grant ($20,000). With these grants, 2-room and 3-room flats will be priced from as low as $22,000 and $98,000 respectively, and 4-room flats from $208,000!
With so many good offers, you’re sure to find an ideal one to set up home and craft a memorable new beginning for yourself and your family.
But if you’re looking for a BTO flat in Bukit Merah, Sengkang or Yishun instead, you could try applying for the next launch in July 2013! Word on the street is that there’ll be another 3,800 flats on offer then.
By Nur Hafizah
May 31, 2013
Check out the Quick Guide to buying a new flat: