Gold Tassel Garland
Need a little bling without the extra ka-ching? Or you may just want a little more sparkle in your bedroom. Here’s a nifty DIY Idea to recreate luxe… for less!
Things you need:
- 50 cm by 50 cm Mylar sheet or tissue pape
- Ribbon or cotton twine
1. Start off by folding the sheet in half, and then into another half, the other way.
2. Rotate your sheet so that the folded corner is at the top. Cut strips towards the fold to create the fringe. Leave 2.5cm uncut at the fold line and cut your sheet into 4.
3. Unfold the sheet and then roll it tightly down the middle crease. When done, fold it into half and then twist it to create a loop for hanging.
4. Tighten the loops with a strip of paper and glue, or some strings.
5. Repeat these steps for the rest of your sheets and then hang them from a thin cord or cotton twine.
And there you have it – a beautiful gold tassel garland! All you have to do now is to hang them up in your room to add that touch of lux.
It is not as difficult or expensive as it may seem, right? You could also use different types or coloured tissue paper to create the mood you want the room to bring. Let your creativity shine and stay crafty!
Are there any other DIY Ideas you would like to see on MyNiceHome? Email us at email@example.com.
By Briana Tan
October 5, 2017
You may also be interested in: