The galaxy trend is everywhere these days, from food to make-up. If you are one of those who are simply mesmerised by the galaxy, we have a simple DIY you can do. Create your very own nebula (interstellar cloud) in a jar!
Things you need:
- Mason glass jar
- Micro-fine glitter
- Small container/ cup
- Wooden skewer
- Food colouring/ water colour
1. Place a small amount of food colouring or water colour into the small container. Add some water into the container and mix it well before pouring it into a mason jar.
2. Take a bunch of polyfill and insert it into the mason jar. Try using a skewer to push the polyfill down to absorb more water.
3. Sprinkle some glitter into the mixture and continue adding more polyfill. This should make up a third of the mason jar.
4. Repeat steps 1 to 3 to make up the other thirds of the jar. You can use different colours for each third.
5. Use the skewer to push the sides to give a wavy and galaxy look!
6. Once you are done, just screw on the lid and place it onto the shelf for a magical room decor.
Do you have any other creative DIY light ideas? Share it with us via email@example.com or tag #MyNiceHome on Instagram!
By Briana Tan
February 1, 2018
You may also be interested in: