By : Priya Shandhini
20 July 2017
After each holiday trip, I dream of waking up to some buffet breakfast favourites such as French toast, scrambled eggs and grilled tomatoes. Alas my dream is often what it is as I usually rush off to work and grab a bun for breakfast instead.
So I decided to wake up slightly earlier than usual one Sunday to try out a French toast recipe I found online. Turns out it is pretty simple to do.
Ingredients (for 4 servings)
- 6 slices white bread (you can experiment with other types of bread too)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup low-fat milk
- 1/2 cap vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp sugar (you can substitute this with natural sweeteners)
- A pinch of salt
- 1 banana (optional)
- Sugar-free maple syrup (optional)
- Get a flat bowl or container and pour in the 1/4 cup of milk.
- Next add the egg and give it a light whisk. Then pour the 1/2 cap vanilla essence.
- Add 1 tablespoon sugar and a pinch of salt and mix them till they dissolve in the mixture.
- Heat a non-stick griddle or pan over low to medium heat.
- Grease the griddle with a little bit of butter.
- Dip 1 slice of bread into the mixture and coat it well on each side.
- Place the slice on the griddle and let it cook for 3 minutes on each side.
- Once done, you can cut the slices into halves and serve them with some fruit and a drizzle of maple syrup.
So there you go – no need to spend big bucks at a restaurant to recreate that holiday mood. Do it at home and you can tweak the recipe to your needs!
Do you have any simple recipes that we can try? Send them our way by dropping us an email at email@example.com
SHARE THIS ON