By : Atikah Razak
07 February 2018
Geylang will be one of the 4 towns you can apply for in HDB’s February 2018 Build-To-Order (BTO) sales launch! Flats ranging from 2-room Flexi to 4-room are affordably priced from as low as $124,000 and $424,000 respectively, after housing grants.
Ubi Grove comprises 1,193 units of 2-room Flexi, 3-room and 4-room flats. 2 roof gardens will be built in this development.
Alternatively, you could also take a 5-minute bus ride down to Eunos MRT, which is on the East-West line. Eunos Crescent Market and neighbourhood centre is also right beside the MRT station, so everything is really within easy reach!
Another good news is that there the Neighbourhood Centre (NC) beside the project also has everything – from supermarkets to banks. There is also a hidden heartland gem called Open Crumb Cafe, which is popular with the residents of the area. The 2 schools in the area include Maha Bodhi School and Manjusri Secondary School.
Here is a summary of all the essential spots around surrounding the project.
Map of Essential Spots
Want to apply for a flat in Geylang? Information on the BTO flats on offer is available on HDB InfoWEB so you can check out all the details online.
Applications for the February Sales Launch will close on Monday, 12 February 2018.
Eligible first-timer families can receive up to $80,000 of housing grants, comprising the Additional CPF Housing Grant (AHG) (up to $40,000) and the SHG (up to $40,000).
Flexi Flats and Fresh Start Housing Scheme
2-room Flexi flat prices are determined after taking into account factors such as the lease tenure, and whether buyers are first-timers, second-timers, or others.
Families who are on the Fresh Start Housing Scheme can also apply for 2-room Flexi flats. The Fresh Start Housing Scheme is meant to help second-timer families with young children, who stay in public rental flats, to own a flat again.
Useful tips for flat buyers
- Consider applying for a BTO flat in non-mature towns to enjoy a higher chance of success in securing a flat.
- You can apply for only 1 flat type/ category in 1 town.
- Regular updates on the application numbers for the various flat types/ towns will be published on the HDB InfoWEB, so do check for updates before submitting your application.
- Applicants are shortlisted using a computer ballot; they are not processed on a first come first served basis. So there is no need to rush to submit your application.
- If you wish to take up an HDB housing loan for your flat purchase, you need to produce a valid HDB Loan Eligibility (HLE) Letter when you book a flat. Do check your loan eligibility and apply for an HLE letter.
Next sales launch
There will be another sales launch coming up in May 2018, with about 3,900 flats in Sengkang, Tampines, Toa Payoh, and Yishun. A concurrent SBF exercise will also be held in May 2018. Be sure to check the MyNiceHome website and follow us on Facebook for the latest updates!